Canada has two Dividend Aristocrats in 2023 with Fortis and Canadian Utilities
Apart from the United States there are hardly any Dividend Aristocrats elsewhere in the world. Canada, for example, only has ten at the moment, with two companies topping the bill with 50 years of increased dividends.
So there are currently 10 Dividend Aristocrats in Canada with 25 or more consecutive years of increased dividends. Two companies stand out with more than 50 consecutive years of dividend growth and they are both utility companies. We are talking about Fortis Inc and Canadian Utilities.
🇨🇦💼 Two unique stocks from Canada! 🎉🍁— dividend hike (@dividendhike) October 2, 2023
Fortis and Canadian Utilities, two Canadian utility giants, have maintained an astonishing streak of 50 or more years of consistent dividend hikes! 🚀💰
Fortis boasts the most impressive dividend growth stats over the past three years…
- Fortis Inc.
- 50 consecutive years of dividend growth
- 2023 dividend hike: +4.4%
- Dividend yield: 4.6% at a stock price of C$ 50.63
- Canadian Utilities Ltd.
- 52 consecutive years of dividend growth
- 2023 dividend hike: +1.0%
- Dividend yield: 6.3% at a stock price of C$ 28.60.